Veneers can give you a confident, beautiful smile.
Dental veneers are how so many of your favorite stars are able to get those perfect smiles. Most of us aren’t born with those smiles, they have to be crafted by a cosmetic dentist with the help of restorations such as dental veneers. Here at Dyras Dental in Lansing, MI, your dentists, Dr. Michael Hutcheson and Dr. Laura Dyras, have helped give countless patients the beautiful smiles they deserve through veneers, and they can help you too!
What are veneers?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain layers that are custom-shaped to cover the front surface of your teeth. Each tooth receives its own veneer, which like an artificial fingernail, is bonded to the front of each tooth to improve its shape, size, and color while also hiding common imperfections. Veneers are very thin, meaning that very little tooth preparation is required before veneers can be placed. Veneers offer a strong, durable solution that can improve your smile’s appearance for years.
What cosmetic issues can veneers fix?
Veneers are able to provide amazing results while also hiding dental problems from plain view. Some of these issues include:
- Chips and cracks: Minor trauma such as chips and cracks can easily be covered with dental veneers; however, more severe flaws will need to be properly treated with restorative dentistry.
- Severe discolorations: Everything from excessive fluoride to medications can lead to deep discolorations that professional whitening won’t be able to remove. Veneers offer our patients a way to get vibrant, white smiles again.
- Misshapen or malformed teeth: It’s fairly common to have a couple of teeth that are a bit misshapen or stick out from the rest of your smile. If you have a tooth like this that you wish would blend in, veneers can help fix this.
- Worn teeth: Teeth do wear down over time, especially if you grind your teeth or have a bad habit of chewing ice. In these situations, wear and tear is more severe. Veneers can reduce tooth sensitivity caused by excessive wear and also strengthening worn teeth.
- Gaps between teeth and crooked teeth: While more serious misalignments will require braces, if you have small gaps between teeth or slightly crooked teeth, veneers can help you get a straighter smile without the braces.
Of course, any problems that actually affect the integrity or health of your teeth (e.g. a cavity or gum disease) will need to be treated at our Lansing office before veneer treatment can begin.
If you aren’t happy with your current smile, then Dyras Dental in Lansing, MI, is here to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted to have. Call us today at (517) 485-1900 to schedule your consultation.